Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Depression

Mostly for my kids but for all to see and to remind that history repeats itself!

I often times will use the term "standing in the breadlines" to try and paint a picture to my children of what can happen to this nation if we don't stand up for her. I'm not really sure they understand what that means. I am a firm believer that you HAVE to educate yourself in not only the fun stuff like underwater basket weaving etc...but you have to know what BAD looks like to motivate yourself. We (being my generation and newer) haven't ever really "seen" anything bad happen to us.

No Vietnam, no WW I/II, no depression. We've seen Wall St. excess, smart bombs on CNN, the growth of big brother, GenX, and the ME generation. We have NO idea what poor is.

Here is to hoping that these visions spark some motivation!

See many more of them here.





No comments:

Post a Comment